Saturday, September 5, 2009

Victory!

The S'mores bars were a hit! All of the kids liked them so I didn't have to finish off all of them by myself after all (I did, however, eat the most---What can I say, I loved them!) I am not a big fan of Golden Grahams cereal and that is the recipe I usually find when I see Smores bars. So in my Taste of Home magazine they had this one. Here it is for anyone who wants to try them. They are Wonderful!

S'mores Bar
1/2 C butter, softened
3/4 C sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/3 C flour
3/4 C graham cracker crumbs
1 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. salt
5 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 oz each)
1 C marshmallow creme
*In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; beat well. Combine the flour, cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Set aside 1/2 C for topping.
*Press remaining mixture into a greased 9 in. square pan (I used 11x7- it worked good). Place candy bars over crust; spread with marshmallow creme.Crumble remaining graham cracker mixture over top.
*Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container. Yield- 1 1/2 dozen

No comments: