Monday, March 14, 2011

To Eat, or Not to Eat; That is the Question

My 4 month old has eczema quite bad. I have always had to put hydrocortizone on for 4 days then Vasaline for 3 and just keep this up so his skin will not get so chapped and raw. However, he still wakes up in the night because he has to scratch at his face, head, chest, arms, legs, and back. It is just miserable for him. So on Thursday I took him to get his blood taken so we can find out exactly what he is allergic to and hopefully I can avoid those foods. Are you ready for the results?

He is allergic to: Milk
Eggs
Wheat
Peanuts
Rye
Barley
and Malt

So, what can I eat?

I bought a formula that is ok for him to eat but he wants nothing to do with the taste. Do you think I can return a $20 can with 2 scoops missing?

I am trying to watch my diet now, that is NOT fun. Hopefully we get used to the formula idea, yes, I am having as much of a hard time with this as he is.

No comments: